Dear Kristi

Dear Kristi, 

This morning while scrolling through Facebook, I came across your video clip of "Kristi Gordon: responds to haters criticizing her pregnancy wardrobe." Being a mother of one, and a recent prego, I was interested to hear your response. 

What I was not expecting though was to feel as much emotion as I did while watching the video, nor did I think the comment/emails you had received would be as ridiculous, ignorant, cruel, cowardly, and down right mean as they were. My heart broke for you, and every other woman whose joy of being pregnant and growing a wee one could be stolen by someone's so called "jokes," mean words or ridiculous expectations.  

Now I will start by saying I have no idea what it feels like to be in your shoes. I don't get any regular hate mail that I have to scour through in my email, nor did I receive any mean comments about my weight or wardrobe through out my pregnancy minus the few "you are wearing that again?" comments. I will say though if I had, I would have most likely broken down and cried... on camera. I am happy you are strong, I loved that you laughed at them. But it does not change how unacceptable and horrible these letters are. 

Yes, I am sure it was some, pardon my french, jerk-face who was just making a practical joke to get themselves on what they would call "Global News." But I was surprised by these people's lack of integrity and need to make themselves feel better about themselves through a sick joke. I am sad our world is not filled with men and women who always open doors for each other, comment on how well you are doing as mother of as many children as you have, and are always willing to give you a helping hand while carrying your many groceries to the car. I am thankful for the people we do have like this.

If this was a joke, no one is laughing. Those words were down right mean, and as happy as I am that you, Kristi, are so strong... there are many people out there who are not. Words have power, and if these people continue down this road, there will be consequences to their words one day, even if they never put a return address on any of their letters.

Now for the important part: Kristi, as you probably know, you do/will look beautiful no matter what you wear. But let it sink in. You are carrying the most precious gift ever given, which I am sure being a Mother already you are well aware of. I can almost be 100% certain that the very person(s) who wrote those emails are not parents and, if they are, sadly they probably have a lot of work to do on becoming better parents, because everyone who has been fortunate enough to have experienced the miracle of a child and the 9 month process beforehand would NEVER say what these people said. I am certain of it. Life really is too short to worry about the "haters," and there are too many people who see it how it really is. It is sad we live in a world with cruelty and horrible people, but the great thing is we also live in a world with amazing, kind, courageous, brave, supportive people... with incredible souls (and wee babies that take our breath away and give us more joy then we ever could have imagined). 
My family and I are thinking of you, and pray for a healthy, safe delivery. 

Love, Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to chat, so feel free to leave us a comment and we will be sure to reply.

 
site design by designer blogs