Keeping Fit




As we all know, I have been beyond horrible at posting the DIY's promised. I am hoping to do a few in the next couple weeks. With our little guy's birthday approaching, I am finally getting a chance to get a couple of those final tasks complete.

These past few weeks have been filled with craziness in our home with my husband nearly finished with his semester of school, and for me photography season is just starting to pick up. With all of this, we have been taking every bit of extra time we have to spend with each other and our little man.
We are also so excited to be expecting a baby niece into the family hopefully this Easter weekend! We will keep you posted.

With all of the additional tasks this month, I also decided to get a membership at the gym. "What?!" you say. Yes, it is for real.
As I have already been very honest about..  I am not a huge gym-goer. I do not love the atmosphere, and I really do not enjoy "working out." I would much rather play a sport or go for a hike. But, sadly, I do not do that either.

I can say before I had my son, it didn't feel like it was that big of a deal if I never went to the gym. I got out a lot and walked around a lot, but as many of us know things change when you have a kid. I read so many blogs of these women who somehow can manage their active lifestyles while having a newborn and I think "HUH?!?" I was lucky enough to get out of the house to buy groceries let alone to have free time to go for a jog.

But now after a year, I finally feel like I can sneak-in some "me time." The gym never sounded like "me time" in the past, but now being a mom... having a deep desire to staying healthy and strong for my kiddos... going to gym as grown into "me time." Even more so after a super stressful day. My hopes are that over the next couple years, we as a family will be able to be a much more active family, however that looks. Whether it be regular hikes, home workouts, who knows?
We will see what is in store.

Love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to chat, so feel free to leave us a comment and we will be sure to reply.

 
site design by designer blogs